High performance technology
The buoy is designed to monitor the sea conditions in port safety applications and maritime studies. It is equipped with a high capacity datalogger that serves as the hub of the whole system, supplying each of the sensors individually and capturing the data they provide for subsequent storage, download, processing and monitoring through the included software. The datalogger also allows carrying out statistical calculations with the data registered by the sensors. The optional LCD display shows different system parameters, such as the active channels, the memory available, the battery charge, etc.
- Wave height, period and direction.
- Current profiles at different depths.
- Air and water quality.
- Hydrocarbons and spills.
- Wind speed and direction.
- Temperature and humidity.
- Dew point.
- Atmospheric pressure.
- Solar and UV radiation.
- Visibility and present weather.
Compact and robust design
The buoy features a compact and robust design consisting of a high resistance float filled with foam, and has a vertical structure made of stainless steel where are installed the solar power system, the communication system antenna, a signaling beacon light, a passive radar reflector and additional environmental sensors. The weatherproof enclosure where control electronics are housed features a double seal to ensure maximum protection of the electronics from water, moisture and other external agents. The buoy is equipped, besides, with a high capacity battery group for a total autonomy.
The buoy features several communication options and allows sending data to the Internet in real-time. Among the most common communication options are VHF, UHF, 4G and Inmarsat satellite.
- Capacity: 1 year
- Protocol: ASCII, NMEA, MODBUS-RTU, MODBUS-TCP, HTTP, FTP and email
- Power supply voltage: 12 or 24 VDC
- Power consumption: 1 A (max.)
- Output signal: RS-232, USB, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, VHF, UHF, 4G and Inmarsat and Iridium satellites
- Working temperature: -4ºC to 60ºC
- Material: UV-resistant polyethylene and AISI 316L stainless steel
- Dimensions: ∅ 180 x 450 cm
- Weight: 800 Kg